Cataloging & Classification Basics
- Discuss the function of Integrated Library Systems (ILS)
- Discover basic tools, both print and online, for cataloging
- Interpret Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal Call numbers to enable shelf discovery
- Recognize a MARC bibliographic record
- Apply correct MARC code to a monograph bibliographic record
- Define copy cataloging, including basic cataloging principles & terminology
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Short homework assignments are required after each session. Class participation includes discussion (both verbal and text available) and contribution to cooperative assignments
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minimum requirements page.
This course consists of five 2-hour sessions.
Instructor: Sarah Matusz - email@example.com
Contact Hours: 10
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$450.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$900.00|