Transparency in Library Communication
In this two-session, interactive workshop, instructors will work with attendees to understand their own power, privilege, and positionality in developing a culture of transparency at all levels of an organization. The group will review several case studies of transparency with internal and external stakeholders, learn techniques for supporting transparency regardless of role, and use multiple lenses for analyzing and understanding the challenges at participant’s institutions. Please come prepared with a transparency problem to solve, or an example of a problematic lack of transparency you have experienced or observed. Participants will be expected to share this scenario with the group during the first session.
Learning objectives for this session include:
- Connecting theoretical and abstract concepts of transparency to library work by reviewing case studies and discussing parallels to their own organizations and challenges.
- Articulating power, privilege, and positionality within their own organization through reflective exercises.
- Understanding the transparency issues by analyzing the situation using the workshop workbook as a guide, which will be available for download on the course site.
- Synthesizing insights gained through reflection and strategies from the workshop to develop a concrete plan for improving transparency in their own roles.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
- Participants will be expected to engage in discussion and activities, and should ensure that they have the technology (microphone) and privacy required to participate in the discussions verbally. If you need accessibility accommodations to participate fully, please indicate this on your workshop registration.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of one 2 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$180.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$360.00|